Introduction to Project Management
The Project Management programme is ideal for those who wish to learn how to manage projects successfully in the private, public, or non-profit sectors. The programme covers the entire project management cycle, including feasibility, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The course explores key project management techniques and tools such as problem analysis, cost-benefit analysis, stakeholder analysis, decision making trees, work-breakdown structures, Gantt and PERT charts. Critical success factors of project management are covered, including quality, time, money, risk management, negotiation and conflict management, managing high performing teams, stakeholder management, procurement management, and project report writing.
This programme will benefit working professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, unemployed graduates, and individuals who are interested in building or enhancing their career in project management across any of the following industries: financial services, IT, engineering, manufacturing, government, health, education, construction, agriculture, transport, media and entertainment, retail, energy, safety and security.
Duration: 16 hours of online facilitator-led learning delivered over a period of three months.
Mode: Course are facilitated by our expert faculty via our video conferencing platform.
- Project management terminology, concepts and definitions
- Problem analysis and project feasibility
- Project charter
- Stakeholder analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and decision-making trees
- Project planning, work-breakdown structures, Gantt and PERT charts
- Project monitoring and risk management
- Quality management and time management
- Project finance management
- Procurement management
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Managing high performing teams
- Project evaluation
- Introduction to PMBOK
- Project report writing
- Success and failure factors
B Soc Sci – University of Cape Town, B Soc Sci (Hons) – University of Cape Town, MBA – University of Cape Town, Certificate of Competence in Mining and Minerals Policy and Management – University of the Witwatersrand/MEETI
- James has 27 years of experience in the field of management consulting in the areas of general consulting, project management, feasibility studies, due diligences, and corporate governance.
- He has extensive experience in financial feasibility studies, including break even, capital structuring and cash flow optimization.
- His speciality is coordinating and directing multidisciplinary project teams in the delivery of complex assignments.
- James lectures on Finance, and Project Management.
- Prior to joining Regenesys, James was an independent management consultant with a special interest in corporate governance and stakeholder engagement.
- James is a former Associate Director of AccountAbility, the London-based organisation sponsoring the AA1000 suite of International Standards.
- James has worked with state-owned enterprises on governance and stakeholder engagement assignments, as well as regulatory impact assessment assignments.
- He has extensive experience as a company director and board chairperson.
- Other experience includes company turnarounds, organisational realignment and restructuring, change management design and project management, mentoring and coaching of senior executives, organisational reviews, strategic planning and strategic support.