Introduction to Professional Business Writing Skills
This programme equips participants with the skills to write professional business correspondence. The principles of communication, developing sentences and paragraphs that are clear, concise and logical, are covered. The programme explores the development of coherent and powerful arguments, structuring and writing professional letters, emails, reports, and plans.
This programme will benefit working professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, unemployed graduates, and individuals who wish to improve their written communication skills and progress in the business world.
Duration: 16 hours of online facilitator-led learning delivered over a period of three months.
Mode: Course are facilitated by our expert faculty via our video conferencing platform.
- Overview of communication: purpose, process, methods
- Principles and guidelines of professional writing
- Understanding your audience
- Developing winning arguments that are clear, concise, logical and powerful
- Well-constructed arguments
- Documentation for facilitating effective meetings
- Essentials of professional verbal and non-verbal communication
- Writing professional emails, letters, presentations, reports, minutes of meetings, SMS and WhatsApp text messages
- Professional communication success and failure factors
B Soc Sci – University of Cape Town, B Soc Sci (Hons) – University of Cape Town, MBA – University of Cape Town, Certificate of Competence in Mining and Minerals Policy and Management – University of the Witwatersrand/MEETI
- James has 27 years of experience in the field of management consulting in the areas of general consulting, project management, feasibility studies, due diligences, and corporate governance.
- He has extensive experience in financial feasibility studies, including break even, capital structuring and cash flow optimization.
- His speciality is coordinating and directing multidisciplinary project teams in the delivery of complex assignments.
- James lectures on Finance, and Project Management.
- Prior to joining Regenesys, James was an independent management consultant with a special interest in corporate governance and stakeholder engagement.
- James is a former Associate Director of AccountAbility, the London-based organisation sponsoring the AA1000 suite of International Standards.
- James has worked with state-owned enterprises on governance and stakeholder engagement assignments, as well as regulatory impact assessment assignments.
- He has extensive experience as a company director and board chairperson.
- Other experience includes company turnarounds, organisational realignment and restructuring, change management design and project management, mentoring and coaching of senior executives, organisational reviews, strategic planning and strategic support.