Introduction to Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This is an introductory course for managers with financial responsibilities. The course explores key concepts, issues and techniques necessary to manage finances, such as budgeting, cash-flow management, variance analysis, financial statements, asset registers, ratio analysis, fraud prevention, procurement management, and financial management legislation. Success and failure factors of financial management are examined.
This programme will benefit working professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, unemployed graduates, and individuals who are interested in building or enhancing their career in management across any of the following industries: financial services, IT, engineering, manufacturing, government, health, education, construction, agriculture, transport, media
and entertainment, retail, energy, safety and security.
Duration: 16 hours of online facilitator-led learning delivered over a period of three months.
Mode: Course are facilitated by our expert faculty via our video conferencing platform.
- Financial management terminology, concepts and definitions
- The science and art of managing money
- Cash-flow management
- Understanding the key financial statements
- Asset management
- Introduction to ratio analysis
- Fraud prevention
- Procurement management
- Finance legislation
- Financial management success and failure factors
Dr Rajashree Sagar Yalgi
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Savitribai Phule Pune University, MCom, Business Administration and Management – University of Pune, H.S.C – Garware College of Commerce, Maharashtra
- Has a passion for teaching and since last 10 years taught in reputed colleges in India.
- She has published research papers in national and international journals.
- She qualified ‘Lean Six Sigma Green Belt’ to improve efficiency by robust problem – solving techniques.
- She has completed MOOCs in Financial Markets, Corporate Tax Planning, Commerce and others for understanding current trends.
- She has attended Faculty Development Programs, Conferences, Panel Discussions organized by ASSOCHAM, BCC&I and other reputed institutions.
- She has also organized Short Term Training Programs, Conclaves and Industrial Visits for enrichment of the students.
- She has mentored students for Capstone (Research) Projects, Industry Internship Projects and NGO Projects.
- Her areas of teaching and research include Accountancy, Economics and Banking.