Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This is an introductory course for managers with financial responsibilities. The course explores key concepts, issues and techniques necessary to manage finances, such as budgeting, cash-flow management, variance analysis, financial statements, asset registers, ratio analysis, fraud prevention, procurement management, and financial management legislation. Success and failure factors of financial management are examined.
This programme will benefit working professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, unemployed graduates, and individuals who are interested in building or enhancing their career in management across any of the following industries: financial services, IT, engineering, manufacturing, government, health, education, construction, agriculture, transport, media
and entertainment, retail, energy, safety and security.
Duration: 8 weeks.
Mode: Course are facilitated by our expert faculty via our video conferencing platform.
- Financial management terminology, concepts and definitions
- The science and art of managing money
- Cash-flow management
- Understanding the key financial statements
- Asset management
- Introduction to ratio analysis
- Fraud prevention
- Procurement management
- Finance legislation
- Financial management success and failure factors
What will you learn
- Fundamental conventions of accounting and finance
- Understanding various financial statements: income, balance-sheet and cash-flow
- Understanding techniques of budgeting
- Calculation-based learning, including analyzing financial statements
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Corporate governance using ESG framework, international standards of financial reporting
Week 1 – Introduction of accounting & financial management, conventions of accounting, financial terminologies
Week 2 – Financial statement analysis and Ratio analysis – Part-One
Week 3 – Ratio analysis – Part-Two and Budgeting & variance analysis
Week 4 – Procurement management, financial reporting & legal standards; ESG framework for corporate governance