This programme gives you an opportunity to get ahead in the business world, developing your general management skills.
It is designed to meet the needs of existing and aspirant managers wanting to enter middle or senior management positions, and who have an undergraduate degree unrelated to management, so need a qualification to formalise and enhance their management experience and competencies. If you are already in a management post, you will be able to hone your management competencies through this programme, which will expose you to cutting-edge and best practices.
You will complete four compulsory modules that are prerequisites for business success, and two electives that allow you to refine your knowledge in particular areas of interest.
Who is it for?
This qualification will equip you with knowledge of the core business disciplines and the skills to apply them in practice.
- A relevant three-year degree (NQF level 7)
- At least two years’ relevant experience
120 credits at NQF Level 8
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply the principles of business practice
- Understand an organisational environment
- Examine the principles and processes of managing institutions in the 21st century
- Demonstrate management competencies
- Conduct a research study
- Organisational Strategy, Planning and Management
- Advanced Project Management
- Advanced Human Resource Management
- Financial Management and Management Accounting
Electives: choice of two
- Fundamentals of Research
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Advanced Marketing Management
- Sales Management
- Advanced Operations Management
- Spiritual and Emotional Intelligence
- Advanced Retail Business Management