Cybercrime is expected to cost the world more than $6-trillion in the next year in loss of data, lost productivity, disruption to business, reputational damage and more.
This course will provide you with insight into how criminals take advantage of people online, and show you how to protect your network and devices from them.
You will examine different categories of attack, ranging from phishing to cyberterrorism; types of malware; look at what hacking involves, and then learn various countermeasures to secure your systems and your data.
Who is it for?
Small business owners, office managers, traders, and sole proprietors.Managers of cyber security specialists. Young managers eager to make their mark.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
You will emerge from this course knowing:
- How criminals exploit your security weaknesses;
- What different network topologies are for, and how they are connected;
- Network protocols, architecture and devices;
And able to:
- Assess the threats to your devices and network; and
- Put in place protocols to minimise threats and to protect your data, operations and reputation.
You will cover
How criminals take advantage of people online; two-factor authentication; password management; different types of threat and attack.
- Device data security management, security analyst.
- Online access for six months from start of the course