Coding is the art of translating design into instructions that tell a computer what to do and how to behave. This is what makes it possible to create and customise websites, applications and other software.
You are essentially interpreting the design of an application, web page or back-end function into binary to apply styling and other commands.
This course will introduce you to writing these instructions, and to the environment in which your programming will operate, and ensure that you are aware of the systemic requirements your coding must accommodate.
Who is it for?
Nontechnical managers and professionals who want to manage a technical team, as well as students with nontechnical backgrounds who want to make programming or coding a career.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
You should emerge from this course familiar with:
- How computers and servers function;
- The elements of programming, from logic and computation to iterations and arrays;
- Software testing processes;
- Integrated development environments;
- Tools for automated testing, logging and benchmarking;
- Database, FTP, web, proxy and AV server protocols, functionality and security requirements;
- Best practices, such as continuous integration and continuous delivery;
And able to:
- Solve problems using a computer and algorithms;
- Write, edit, compile and debug code;
- Apply version control;
- Design client-server architecture;
- Use relational, network and object-oriented databases; and
- Apply APIs and use microservices.
You will cover
- High-school maths
- IT professional
Participants will engage with the course through recorded classes and supporting content online
What you will get
- 16 hours of on-demand video
- Study notes accompanying the video recordings
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Online access any time for the duration of the course