The curriculum for this programme is designed to give you equip you with the competencies needed to function successfully in a retail organisation, and to lay the foundations needed to progress into general retail management.
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed to help you become an entry-level retail professional who understands how retail organisations function and who has the relevant skills, knowledge and self-awareness to work across various functional areas in the retail sector.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
- Matric exemption or equivalent, with maths literacy and English
- Basic computer skills
- 120, exiting at NQF Level 5
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment and basic economic systems.
- Apply effective people management principles in order to lead, manage, motivate and improve the performance of individuals and teams.
- Know the core functions and principles of sound financial management in the retail sector.
- Explain the principles of marketing and the importance of the retail marketing mix.
- Communicate all elements and principles of the retail value chain that enhance business performance accurately.
- Gather information from various sources in order to understand and apply the principles of customer service management.
- People Management
- Customer Service Management
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Retail Management
- Retail Marketing
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
Participants will engage with the course through online sessions with an instructor leading the class twice-weekly
What you will get
- 60 hours of online instruction
- Class recordings you can replay for the duration of the course
- Study guides accompanying each online session
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Anytime access online for the duration of the course
Please confirm course timetable before enrolling for a course