This programme has been created to develop a talent pool of middle managers for South Africa.
It will teach you how to initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans, and, where appropriate, recommend change within your unit to improve its effectiveness and contribute to achieving its objectives and vision.
While doing this you will also learn how to capitalise on the talents of team members, and communicate with juniors, superiors and stakeholders across the value chain to ensure intended outcomes are achieved, and apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management within regulatory frameworks to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of your unit.
The programme consists of four compulsory modules and two electives.
Who is it for?
This programme prepares first-line managers from team leaders, supervisors, and junior managers to entrepreneurs to run businesses.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
- Matric exemption or equivalent, with maths literacy and English
- Basic computer skills
- 120, exiting at NQF Level 5
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of your unit
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit
- Lead and manage a team of first-line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management, and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- Enhance the development of teams and team members
- Identify and solve problems and make responsible ethical decisions within own scope of responsibility
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Principles of Marketing
Electives (Choice of two)
- Project Management
- Quality and Customer Service Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Retail Management
- Fundamentals of Sales Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
Participants will engage with the course through online sessions with an instructor leading the class twice-weekly
What you will get
- 60 hours of online instruction
- Class recordings you can replay for the duration of the course
- Study guides accompanying each online session
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Anytime access online for the duration of the course
Please confirm course timetable before enrolling for a course