This qualification is ideal for self-motivated business managers and leaders who have proven themselves in the workplace but seek more intellectual challenges with a research project within the disciplines of leadership and management.
If you hold an MBA NQF Level 8 qualification you must complete an intensive two-day bridging programme to be considered for provisional registration.
Once provisionally registered, you will be required to attend a three-day Advanced Research Methodology course to prepare for the DBM.
As a DBM candidate, you will be required to submit a thesis that makes an original contribution to the body of knowledge in the area of management and or leadership, defend it to a panel of experts, and – with your supervisor – co-author a research paper that is published in an accredited journal.
Who is it for?
To develop the knowledge and leadership skills our future business leaders need.
- A completed application form
- A resume or current CV
- A letter motivating your application
- Certified copies of your degree certificates and academic transcripts of relevant masters degree from an accredited institution, with a mark of at least 65% for either (a) both the modules and dissertation of coursework or (b) for the dissertation of a full research project
- A one-page statement of research intent, outlining what you intend to research
360 at NQF Level 10
- Participate in addressing complex socioeconomic local and global challenges
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct high-level independent research using advanced research methods, and analyse and communicate the findings
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in your area of research and advance a specific management discipline
- Develop and present peer-reviewed academic articles and papers at academic and professional conferences
- Compile work of quality to satisfy peer review and merit publication
- Demonstrate the potential to supervise and evaluate the research of others in the area of specialisation concerned