This degree will equip you with the relevant skills, knowledge and self-awareness to work effectively in and across various functional areas in a retail organisation.
You will learn about important aspects of leadership, including strategy and management of relations between organisational functions, as well as how retail is affected by the economy and how to pivot for change.
Want to broaden your understanding of retail administration and management practices? This qualification is for you!
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed to equip you with a sound understanding of how retail organisations function.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
- Matric exemption, with maths literacy and English at NQF Level 4
- Basic computer skills
- 360, exiting at NQF Level 7
- Develop, implement and monitor a retail business strategy using the strategic planning process.
- Apply strategic human resource management models to the retail environment
- Develop a marketing and sales strategy for a retail business
- Analyse and develop a retail store’s performance and strategies for improvement of profitability and cash flow
- Develop a retail business plan
- Develop, apply and monitor effective quality management and communication and conduct research in the retail business
- Retail Management I, II, III
- People Management I, II
- Retail Marketing I, II
- Financial Management I, II
- Retail Strategic Management I, II
- Economics I, II
- People Management III
- Retail Management III
- Financial Management III
Participants will engage with the course through online sessions with an instructor leading the class twice-weekly
What you will get
- 60 hours of online instruction
- Class recordings you can replay for the duration of the course
- Study guides accompanying each online session
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Anytime access online for the duration of the course
Please confirm course timetable before enrolling for a course