This programme will equip you with the relevant skills, knowledge and self awareness to work effectively in and across various functional areas in a banking organisation.
You will learn about important aspects of leadership, including strategy, change, and management of relations between organisational functions, as well as how banking is affected by the economy.
This qualification is also suitable for individuals working in the banking industry and who need to broaden their understanding of banking administration and management practices.
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed to equip you with a sound understanding of how banking organisations function.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
- Matric exemption, with maths literacy and English at NQF Level 4
- Basic computer skills
- 360, exiting at NQF Level 7
You should emerge from this qualification able to:
- Develop a strategic plan for a banking organisation
- Apply strategic human resource management models in a banking environment
- Develop a marketing strategy for a banking organisation
- Assess the implementation of credit policy
- Analyse a bank’s financial performance and develop strategies to improve profitability
- Understand the management of the operations of a bank
- Assess the impact of macroeconomic variables on the functioning of a bank
- Explain the role of information and communications technology on the functions of a bank
- Apply strategic planning models to the banking sector
- Banking I, II and III
- Credit Management I, II and III
- Economics I
- Financial Management I and II
- Information and Communication Technology
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Marketing I and II
- People Management
- Strategic and Change Management
- Marketing III
- Financial Management III
Participants will engage with the course through online sessions with an instructor leading the class twice-weekly
What you will get
- 60 hours of online instruction
- Class recordings you can replay for the duration of the course
- Study guides accompanying each online session
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Anytime access online for the duration of the course
Please confirm course timetable before enrolling for a course