This course provides practical standards for professional information security specialists.
You’ll start with understanding how perimeter defences work, then learn how to spot vulnerabilities by scanning, testing, and hacking your own networks (without damaging them!).
Then you will learn how to secure them, developing advanced defences against all kinds of internet nastiness – hackers, trackers, and malware – as well as how to mitigate government spying and mass surveillance.
Who is it for?
Network professionals entering the security field; professionals selling security products; students interested in a career in network security.
Certificates are awarded on the following basis:
- Certificate of completion: Cumulative average of 80% in online tests
- Certificate of participation: Cumulative average of 50%-79% for online tests
- Certificate of attendance: Cumulative average of less than 50% for online tests
You should emerge from this course understanding:
- How hackers actually hack;
- Familiar with different types of cybersecurity tools;
And able to:
- Spot vulnerabilities in your own systems;
- Select the right security tools to use in different scenarios;
- Secure systems
You will cover
How to hack Android, Linux and Windows operating systems; how to hack any Wi-Fi network; how to perform a SQL injection attack, a man-in-the-middle-attack, a denial-of-service (DoS) attack, and a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack; encrypting data using symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms; and how to hide data using steganography in Windows and Linux.
- A basic understanding of using operating systems, networks, and the internet.
- Entry IT and cybersecurity positions.
Participants will engage with the course through recorded classes and supporting content online
What you will get
- 60 hours of on-demand video
- Study notes accompanying video recordings
- Practical tasks and digital assessments
- Online access any time for the duration of the course